The Dearborn Public Schools Special Education Department invites high school parents/guardians to a free presentation on understanding depression, anxiety and psychosis in teens including early signs, symptoms and treatment options.
The free presentation will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 6-7 p.m. in the Dearborn High School Cafeteria. Refreshments will be provided.
Presented by the Wayne State University Center for Treatment & Research in Behavioral Health, the agenda includes:
- Explanation of depression and anxiety and symptoms of each.
- Definition of psychosis and symptoms.
- Information about school impact on teens that are affected by mental illness.
- How to identify early signs of depression, anxiety and psychosis.
- Resources to help as well as treatment options for the family.
To register for this free presentation or for more information, contact Ms. Stacy Rumler at 313-827-1628 or Rumlers@dearbornschools.org.