Welcome to your mid-October e3, the newsletter of the Dearborn Public School employees.
This issue features:
- Chatting with the Superintendent events resume on Monday, Oct. 22 at Lowrey School and continue through April.
- DFSE’s annual Trunk or Treat is tomorrow, Oct. 20, in the ASC parking lot from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Salina Intermediate is selling commemorative tiles to mark the school’s 100th anniversary.
- Dearborn Rec is offering a new Junior Recreational Leadership program for high school students.
- D.E.F.F. annual mother-daughter tea is Nov. 1.
- Free prescription drug take back and tire disposal in Dearborn. (Tires for Dearborn residents only.)
To see all this an more, check out the Oct. 19 e3 newsletter!
Welcome to the Oct. 5 edition of the e3 Dearborn Public Schools Employee newsletter.
In this edition you will find:
- STEM Middle School is named a National Blue Ribbon School
- Three Dearborn School Board seats are up for election in November. See video of the candidates’ forum
- Dearborn Schools honored as a Best and Brightest in Wellness for its employee wellness program.
- Edsel, Fordson choirs to perform with the Arab Orchestra on Sunday, Oct. 7
- Boo Bash tickets on sale for Thursday, Oct. 25 event for elementary school aged children
- D.E.F.F. Mother-Daughter tea set for Thursday, Nov. 1
- Discount opera tickets available to employees for Friday, Oct. 19 show.
School is in full swing and there is a lot happening! Stay up-to-date on the district and community with the e3, your Dearborn Public Schools Employee newsletter.
Highlights in this issue include;
- Dearborn Public Schools now offering free meals to all students.
- Staff appreciation night at the Detroit Piston’s game Wednesday, Oct. 17
- New music fund to honor Lowrey teacher
- Walk to School day is Wednesday, Oct. 10
- Free flu shots and more at employee health fair on Wednesday, Oct. 3
- Details of Salina’s 100th anniversary celebration on Friday, Oct. 26
- All three high schools holding Homecoming parades
- Free document shredding for Dearborn residents on Saturday, Sept. 22
- Book sales by AAUW Sept. 27 to 30 and special educator sale at the Henry Ford Centennial Library on Saturday, Oct. 13
- Employee wellness event on Wednesday, Sept. 26
- And much, much more…
The DSEHP Health Fair is slated for Oct. 3 this year from 2 to 7 p.m. at the DFT building, 15250 Mercantile Drive.
This includes free flu shots for all employees, blood pressure screenings, healthy cooking demonstrations, door prizes and more. See the flyer here.
Before that on Sept. 26, come hear Cassie Sobelton, keynote speaker for the Michigan Best and Brightest of Wellness. All employees along with spouses, significant others or any family over 18 are invited. The free event runts from 4:45 to 5:45, also at the DFT building.
To RSVP please email DSEHP@plansource.com. Come be motivated and inspired by an individual that has had to start her journey of wellness from square one.
Welcome back to what we hope is the start of another great school year! Check out the latest edition of e3, your Dearborn Public Schools employee enews.
Highlights in this issue:
- Back-to-school message and photos
- Update on June’s emergency response exercise
- Premiere Discount Card benefits senior residents
- Food service not being privatized
- F.O.R.E. Golf outing on Sunday, Sept. 23
- AAUW book sale returns Sept. 27 to 30
- Smoke on the Grill on Thursday, Sept. 24
- Volunteer Fair Sept. 11 at Henry Ford Centennial Library
- River Oaks hosting a color run
- Free admission to high school sporting events for district employees
- Cipriano Cross Country Meet returns Oct. 15
- Chamber is looking for student entrepreneurs
Remember, you can always see past issues of e3
plus many other cool things like links to recent Dearborn Public Schools videos, on the Communications Blog! You can sign up to receive an email summary of all
the new content on the Communications Blog, too! https://communications.dearbornschools.org/